Learn to sew or enhance your existing skills in our relaxed and friendly sewing classes.
In these sewing classes , you will be taught sewing methods based on industrial shortcuts adapted for the home machine – enabling you to have a full understanding of construction methods, materials, and the sewing machine.
Come and join us in the fun while you learn valuable skills that will last you a lifetime.
Located at: 19 Malcalm Avenue, Surf Beach. Phillip Island. 3922.
Phone: 0415 517519 or contact us here.
Sewing Classes – suitable for:
For the absolute beginner, those with basic sewing skills, or for the intermediate sew’ist wishing to expand their skills with more advanced techniques, and/or fitting skills.
Sewing Classes – skills learnt:
- To be able to successfully interpret and use a commercial paper pattern, and gain a full understanding of the symbols, language and methods used in the construction of the garment.
- With the aide of the pattern sheet, depending on the garment chosen, construction methods in the school are derived from those used in the fashion industry. (clothing manufacture)
How long will it take:
- Each student works on their own separate project.
- Each garment, depending on the complexity, can take anywhere between 4-8 weeks to complete.
- Classes can be attended for as long as you want ( on a 2 hour weekly basis) but expect to invest at least 9-12 months to gain a good understanding.
All of these sewing classes classes are designed to work at your own pace, so you can come for a long as you wish.
My longest attending student – Annette H – has been with me for 14 years !!!!!
Cost: $140.00 – (equates to $35.00 per class) = 4 weeks of classes ( 2 hour class per week-the 4 weeks of classes is purely for payment block- this course is not for a 4 week duration- as stated above expect to spend some time gaining sound sewing skills. On the 4th week of your current payment block, class fees are payable for the next 4 weeks, and so on.)
$70.00 – Enrollment deposit ( refunded when 2 weeks notification given to withdraw from the classes )
( Please note that your confirmed enrollment in class is final and cancellations will result in forfeit of payment. Please double check your availability before making your class booking as there will be no exceptions)
What is provided:
New Look Patterns, Pattern Paper, Rulers, Sewing Machines and Overlockers. Student to purchases all fabric, notions, and sewing tools where necessary to complete the garment. ( A basic supplies list is provided upon completion of enrollment )
Sewing Classes – Day:
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Time – 10.00 am to 12.00 pm
Afternoon Sewing Classes:
Time – 1.00 pm until 3.00 pm
Evening Sewing Classes:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Time – 7.00 pm to 9.00 pm Weekend Classes
Weekend Sewing Classes:
Time – 10.00 am to 12.00 pm